How To Apply Hair Color
Hello there! We’re super stoked that you’ve chosen to color your hair! You haven’t just signed up for a fun, unconventional, and gorgeous external makeover, but you also have our word that you will radiate with confidence from within. This page will be your guide throughout the process. All you need to do is follow the steps and brace yourself for your new, ultra-fresh look!
First Step: Patch Test
- Dab a small amount of the color cream behind your ear or on your inner elbow with an ear-bud and leave it to dry for 48 hours. If you experience any abnormal irritations like itching, redness, or swelling in or around the test area, do not use the product after the patch test.
- Shampoo and dry your hair properly before the application so that the color deposits well.
- Apply any oil/petroleum jelly onto your hands, neck, ears and hairline to avoid staining.
- Put on a towel over your shoulders to protect your clothes.
- Wear the gloves throughout the color application process, even while rinsing.
- Remember to do a test strand to ensure you like the color.
- Apply Color on Bleached/Pre-lightened Hair.
- Let it Stay for 30-60Mins.
- Wash with cold water & Conditioner.
- Rinse, Dry & Slay!
- If there is an irritable response during the application, for example, severe stinging, disturbance, rash, or burning sensation on the scalp, wash quickly and end-use. In the case of shortness of breath, seek immediate medical attention. Before coloring your hair again, it is recommended to consult a medical professional.
- If during the days following application, itching, redness, spots on the scalp or skin, swelling of the eyes and the face, blisters on the scalp, and skin happen, seek a medical specialist.
- Keep out of reach of children
- This product is not meant to be used on people under the age of 16.
- Temporary “black henna tattoos” may expand the danger of hypersensitivity or allergic reactions.
- Hair colorants can cause extreme hypersensitive responses in certain rare cases. To help reduce the risk of an allergic reaction, one must follow precautionary measures.
- A patch test must be performed 48 hours before applying this colorant, as an allergy can develop suddenly, regardless of whether you have recently used this product or another color on your hair.
- Our sermi-permanent hair color is meant to be used on bleached hair and only gives the most vibrant results on bleached/pre-lightened hair. To understand the hair level you need to achieve in order to get the best results out of your chosen shade, refer to the detailed product description for that particular shade. To learn the basics of bleaching, hair levels and more, head over to the blog on our website.