Step By Step Guide For Putting Semi-Permanent Hair Color Over Bleached Hair
by Anushka Arora on Dec 19, 2022
Coloring your hair seems like the only thing left to do in 2022, right?
We’re glad that you’ve chosen to take this step! You haven’t just signed up for a fun, classy and gorgeous hair makeover but also we call it a form of self care.
This blog will be your guide throughout the process of coloring your pre-lightened hair.
All you need to do is follow the steps and enjoy your new & trendy style!
Step one - Prep your hair for coloring it at home
- Before you get into coloring your hair, make sure that you have pre-lightened or bleached hair.
- Don't forget to apply petroleum jelly/oil on your hairline, neck, hands and behind your ears to avoid unnecessary stains.
- Put on a towel over your shoulders to protect your clothes.
- You must wear gloves throughout the color application process, even while rinsing.
**Please make sure to have done a strand test before going in with the color.
Step two - Apply the hair color
- You can start by sectioning your hair and with the help of your brush you can slowly start applying your desired color.
- You can also apply directly with your hands, if that seems easier.
- Color will only deposit on pre-lightened hair, so don't worry.
Pro tip: Spread the strands and move the brush in a crisscross manner for full coverage and even application.
Step Three - Rinse it off
- After leaving the color on your hair for 30-60 mins, rinse it off with conditioner until the water runs clear.
- Do not use a shampoo in the first wash, to let the color befriend your hair.
**We suggest you use a dark colored towel to avoid stains.
Step four - Dry & Enjoy
- Air dry your hair and style it as you like! Avoid using styling tools as external heat might damage your hair.
P.S. The colors last for 8-10 washes and will keep fading beautifully with each wash. If you wish to make your color last longer then read here to know how.
Does it sound like you’re ready, now that you know how easy the entire process is? Then go ahead and order your favorite color and get the coloring started.
If you’re still confused or looking for some inspiration, come to our Instagram page and we’ll gladly help you out.